Thank you for your interest in a career at the Rockbridge Area Health Center. We are an equal opportunity employer offering flexible work schedules, a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits including health coverage and paid annual leave to qualified applicants. To apply for a position, please submit a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensed Practical Nurse
The Rockbridge Area Health Center seeks a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Duties include performing as a member of the team and assisting in the administration and maintenance of and efficiently operated clinic. The nurse works closely with patients, their families, and Care Coordinators to facilitate access to care and utilization of available care resources to manage preventive, chronic and acute health needs. As part of the patient care team, the staff nurse provides patient-centered care and collaborates with the Quality Improvement team to track implementation of best practices and achievement of quality measures. The successful candidate will have licensure in Virginia and experience in an office-based clinical setting.
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Perfect physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must
Competitive salary with benefits. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. EOE
Certified Medical Assistant
RAHC seeks a full-time medical assistant to provide patient care and medical provider support. The Medical Assistant will perform patient care and administrative duties proficiently and efficiently while communicating with providers and other team members about patient needs. They will assist other team members to provide quality, comprehensive care by returning patient calls and completing provider orders such as medication refills, scheduling referral and/or specialist appointments, authorizing and scheduling diagnostic testing, performing phlebotomy and/or finger sticks, completing laboratory forms and performing other point-of-care tests such as a urinalysis, strep test, EKG, vision screening, pulse oximetry, etc. As part of the patient care team, the Medical Assistant provides patient-centered care and collaborates with the Quality Improvement team to track the implementation of best practices and achievement of quality measures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Licensure or applicant for licensure as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or Medical Assistant in the State of Virginia
- 1-2 years’ experience in a clinical setting
- Responsible, versatile individual willing to accept a variety of responsibilities
- Able to work together as part of a team
- Able to maintain a safe, clean work environment
- Comprehensive documentation skills
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and able to explain complex medical terms simply.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Rockbridge Area Health Center seeks a full-time medical director. The Medical Director is responsible for the administrative, management and day-to-day operations of the Rockbridge Area Health Center’s primary care program. He/she is responsible for direct patient care and the management and supervision of the medical program. The Medical Director provides infrastructure, systems, tools and leadership capacity to drive meaningful change and integration of services, employing best practices in measurement and performance improvement, and is comfortable utilizing data to drive improvement. This person acts as consultant to the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer, Behavioral Health Director, Dental Director and other Executive Leadership regarding health care programs and works with other key staff in areas of quality improvement, strategic goals, grants management, and other areas as indicated.
The Rockbridge Area Health Center (RAHC), a federally qualified community health center committed to providing quality health care in a compassionate environment, is located in the beautiful central Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. The area offers a unique rural living experience. There are three institutes of higher learning in the county: Virginia Military Institute, Washington and Lee University and Southern Virginia University. These organizations provide a high level of cultural enrichment in music, plays, lectures, etc. The area offers a safe environment and quality school systems. Lexington is the county seat and has been nationally recognized as one of “America’s coolest small towns.”
Benefits include malpractice coverage, CME allowance, health, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance, retirement and a very generous leave allowance. Loan repayment and retention bonuses are available to qualified employees. Spanish is a plus.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume email@example.com. EOE
LPN – Pediatric Care Coordinator
The Pediatric Care Coordinator is responsible for assisting patients, parents/family members and caregivers to navigate the health care system by coordinating timely referrals to specialists and other care providers, facilitating communication with the child’s primary care provider and problem solving to promote the child’s well-being while responding to parental/guardian concerns.
Responsibilities include maintaining a registry of children with special health care needs, planning prior to pediatric physicals, implementation of quality improvement initiatives, assist with and anticipate health care transition steps from adolescence to adulthood, improve communication between families, the practice, community services and health care providers. The Pediatric Care Coordinator works collaboratively with providers, medical assistants, the QI Coordinator and leadership team to identify and improve any quality issues. This position is FT
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Licensure as a LPN by the State of Virginia
- At least 5 years’ experience in clinical setting
- 2 years’ experience in a pediatric setting.
- Proof of current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) certification.
- Excellent communication and public relation skills, and strong customer service orientation. Self-directed with ability to develop well-organized systems.
- Superb documentation skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Competitive salary with benefits. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE