Anyone who is eligible can register for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Rockbridge Area Health Center hosts weekly COVID-19 vaccine clinics on Tuesdays from 9am – 3:30pm.
RAHC offers the Moderna vaccine for people aged 18 years and older.
COVID-19 testing appointments are available on Mondays and Wednesday – Friday from 8am – 11:50am and 1pm – 3:50pm.
To schedule an appointment, call or send a text message to (540) 464-8700.
Rockbridge Area Health Center is only offering PCR tests to the general public. Results are typically available within 2-3 days.
We have updated our visitor guidelines
In order to protect the health of our communities, and as a safety precaution to prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19, the Rockbridge Area Health Center has instituted visitor restrictions.
If a patient is having an in-person visit, the following visitor guidelines have been put in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our patients and employees safe. If the patient is uncomfortable with an in-person visit, we encourage patients to consider telehealth visits whenever possible.
- All visitors will be screened when entering the building
- All visitors are required wear a mask at all times in the building. This applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. If visitors do not have a mask or are unwilling to wear a mask, their appointment may be rescheduled. Masks with valves, bandanas and gaiters are not permitted.
- Proceed directly to the patient room when called, and directly to the exit upon leaving.
- Remain in patient rooms unless instructed by staff.
- Practice social distancing and remain six feet from patients when possible.
- For everyone’s safety, we strongly advise that no visitors accompany patients 18 years and older into the building, unless the patient has physical or cognitive impairments requiring assistance and help navigating the appointment. One designated visitor for pediatric patients (parent or legal guardian).
- At the discretion of the physician, patients who arrive with children and have no other childcare options may keep their children with them during their stay. Appropriate PPE may be required.
There may be exceptions to this guideline, for example:
- Couples or family therapy
- Someone requiring nitrous for dental who may want a visitor to accompany them
- Newborn parents where Mom has weight restrictions, so Dad must bring in the carrier
Patients can request an exception when scheduling their appointment.
Thank you for your support and for helping us protect our patients and our staff!