Anyone who is eligible can register for a COVID-19 vaccine.
We have updated our visitor guidelines
In order to protect the health of our communities, and as a safety precaution to prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19, the Rockbridge Area Health Center has instituted visitor restrictions.
The Rockbridge Area Health Center understands the importance of patients having access to their loved ones while receiving care. If a patient is having an in-person visit, the following visitor guidelines have been put in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our patients and employees safe. If the patient is uncomfortable with an in-person visit, we encourage patients to consider telehealth visits whenever possible.
- All visitors are required wear a mask at all times in the building. This applies to vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. If visitors do not have a mask or are unwilling to wear a mask, their appointment may be rescheduled.
- Proceed directly to the patient room and directly to the exit upon leaving.
- Remain in patient rooms unless instructed by staff.
- Practice social distancing and remain six feet from patients when possible.
- For patients 18 years of age and older, no visitors are permitted unless the patient has physical or cognitive impairments requiring assistance. In this case, a single visitor can help navigate the appointment.
- One designated visitor for pediatric patients (parent or legal guardian).
- At the discretion of the physician, patients who arrive with children and have no other childcare options may keep their children with them during their stay. Appropriate PPE may be required.
There may be exceptions to this guideline, for example:
- Couples or family therapy
- Someone requiring nitrous for dental who may want a visitor to accompany them
- Newborn parents where Mom has weight restrictions, so Dad must bring in the carrier
Patients can request an exception when scheduling their appointment.
Thank you for your support and for helping us protect our patients and our staff!