For additional information about the phases of Virginia’s vaccine distribution, visit https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
The Virginia Department of Health has based guidance for vaccine priority groups on recommendations from the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Virginians who do not fall into these categories will be offered the COVID-19 vaccine when it is more widely available.
Important information for a pleasant vaccination experience:
- RAHC is administering Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine is approved for people 18 years and older.
- The vaccine will be given in 2 DOSES, 4 WEEKS APART. We request that patients commit to receiving both doses.
- There is a 15-minute observation period once the dose is administered.
- Please wear clothes that allow easy access to your shoulder area.
- Please do not take selfies when getting the shot.
- People who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 are more likely to experience mild COVID-19 like symptoms as a result of the vaccine, which is not an adverse reaction, rather normal signs that your body is building protection.
- It takes time for your body to build protection after any vaccination. COVID-19 vaccines that require 2 shots may not protect you until a week or two after your second shot.
- It’s important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to help stop this pandemic as we learn more about how COVID-19 vaccines work in real-world conditions. Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others, stay at least 6 feet away from others, avoid crowds, and wash your hands often.