Covid-19 Vaccination Registration
Anyone who is eligible can register for a COVID-19 vaccine.
RAHC offers the Moderna vaccine and booster for people aged 18 years and older.
COVID-19 vaccine clinics take place on Tuesdays from 9 am – 11:45 am and 1:30 pm – 3:30pm.
Please call or send a text message to (540) 464-8700 to schedule an appointment.
Important information for a pleasant vaccination experience:
- RAHC is administering Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine is approved for people 18 years and older.
- The vaccine will be given in 2 DOSES, 4 WEEKS APART. We request that patients commit to receiving both doses.
- The CDC recommends a COVID-19 booster shot at least 5 months after completing your primary COVID-19 vaccination series
- There is a 15-30 minute observation period once the dose is administered.
- Please wear clothes that allow easy access to your shoulder area.
- Please do not take selfies when getting the shot.
- People who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 are more likely to experience mild COVID-19 like symptoms as a result of the vaccine, which is not an adverse reaction, rather normal signs that your body is building protection.
- Be sure to bring your Vaccination Record Card if visiting for your 2nd dose, booster shot or additional primary dose of the vaccine.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- It takes time for your body to build protection after any vaccination. COVID-19 vaccines that require 2 shots may not protect you until a week or two after your second shot.
- It’s important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to help stop this pandemic as we learn more about how COVID-19 vaccines work in real-world conditions. Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others, stay at least 6 feet away from others, avoid crowds, and wash your hands often.
COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the vaccine going to cost? Am I going to get a bill?
There is no cost to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. RAHC doesn’t bill for the vaccine but does bill for the administration of the vaccine which is covered by insurance. If you are uninsured, HRSA will cover the administration.
I lost my COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. How can I get proof of vaccination?
Visit the Virginia Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Record Request Portal where you can save or print your COVID-19 vaccination record.