At Rockbridge Area Health Center, we believe a healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body. Please contact the center to see if they can help!
The Behavioral Health Department is funded in part by a generous grant from the Virginia Health Care Foundation.
RAHC provides a full-range of behavioral health services including:
- Psychiatric medication evaluation and management (patients will need to be established with the Medical team at RAHC in order to receive this care)
- Individual counseling and psychotherapy for children 5+, teens, families, and adults
Treatment is provided for a wide range of mental, emotional, and behavioral health concerns including:
- Anxiety, worry, and panic disorders
- Grief and loss
- Post-traumatic stress
- Substance Use Disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Specific phobias
- Relationship problems
- Creating healthy lifestyle habits (diet, sleep, and exercise routines)
- Personal growth and well-being
- Support for making life and career decisions
RAHC’s Counselors work alongside our Primary Care and Dental teams to support you as a whole person. Apart from treating mental health and emotional conditions, counseling can help you improve your life and reduce the stress that can cause or worsen symptoms of medical illnesses such as headaches, sleep problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, chronic pain, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and more.
*New for 2020
Rockbridge Area Health Center is excited to announce that we are now offering TeleVisits for behavioral health patients, a more convenient appointment option, allowing patients to have a visit with their behavioral health provider from the comfort of their home or office.
To schedule a TeleVisit, call or send a text message to (540) 464-8700.
Be sure that you are registered to access your Patient Portal for your appointment.
Patients can access the Patient Portal by visiting https://mycw67.ecwcloud.com/portal8803/…/100mp/login_otp.jsp
* Please note that in the event of an emergency you should not use TeleVisits, but call 911 to seek immediate medical help.
** TeleVisits is a billable service. If this is not covered by your healthcare insurance, you will be responsible for covering costs.
Learn more by watching a short video below.
Please call our office if you have any questions or concerns.