Mountain View Recovery
Office Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT) Program
Mountain View Recovery (MVR) at Rockbridge Area Health Center, is a recovery program designed to provide high quality treatment services to patients experiencing substance use disorder. Our staff is committed to caring for and treating individuals with dignity, respect and with the utmost confidentiality. We provide the opportunity to obtain treatment and embrace recovery with the least amount of disruption to your life. Your treatment is personalized from intake to discharge, to assure you receive the necessary medical, counseling and support services. As a result, you can continue to contribute and receive support from the community and your family.
Our Core Values
Commitment to Excellence
Dedicated and Innovative
Group Therapy Sessions
Patients will attend 1-hour group therapy sessions to learn and develop new recovery skills such as drug-free coping strategies, relapse prevention skills, and healthy behaviors with other recovering patients. The frequency of sessions will be determined by our team based on your individual needs and progress.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
MAT combines the use of medications with counseling and behavioral therapies. The use of medicines in the treatment of substance use disorders helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms while allowing the brain to heal from the damage of the illness. MAT is provided with close medical monitoring and controls to reduce the risk of medication misuse.
Substance Use Care Coordinator
Our substance use care coordinator will provide interdisciplinary care planning among our staff, monitor individualized treatment plans, patient progress, and connect patients with community resources.
Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS)
A Certified Peer Recovery Specialist provides non-clinical assistance and recovery support services to individuals striving to achieve or sustain long-term recovery from addiction. The CPRS is someone who has personal experience with navigating the substance use recovery process and is part of our team to aid and support you in your recovery process.
Individual Therapy Sessions
Patients will attend individual sessions to assess any new life developments and strengthen skills for individualized recovery issues.
Our Recovery Level Color System reflects a patient’s level of need for support in their treatment. Evidence-based therapeutic interventions are used by licensed staff during each color stage. As a patient progresses in the program, they will move through the recovery levels towards a lifetime of wellness.
Recovery Level 1: Hope (Aqua)
- Induction and/or assessed need for weekly participation
- Group sessions occur once a week for 12 weeks with a minimum of one monthly individual counseling session
- Maximum support is provided at this level, consisting of therapeutic interventions and/or medication assistance
- Complete adherence to attendance policies required
Recovery Level 2: Persevere (Blue)
- The goal at this level is to maintain stability in your recovery journey as the brain heals and you continue to learn and practice healthy recovery skills
- Group and/or individual therapy at least once a month for 12 weeks
- Support remains consistent in the recovery process to prevent relapse
Recovery Level 3 (Green)
- This level continues for the duration of the patient’s recovery journey
- Ensure consistency, maintenance, and processing of therapeutic interventions
- Potential to begin a medication taper process while continuing the therapeutic approach to gradually remove the patient from medication
- The patient and treatment team will make an aftercare plan to help prevent relapse and support life-long recovery without medication assistance