Covid-19 Testing Registration
Rockbridge Area Health Center is offering PCR tests to the community.
Results are typically available within 2-3 business days.
Rockbridge Area Health Center is offering PCR tests to the community. Results are typically available within 2-3 business days.
COVID-19 testing appointments are available Monday – Friday from 8 am – 11:50am and 1 pm – 3:50 pm.
To schedule an appointment, call or send a text message to (540) 464-8700.
Once we receive your information, a scheduler will contact you for an appointment.
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19 testing, please call (540) 464-8700.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Bring your Health Insurance Card.
IF TESTING FOR PROCEDURES OR TRAVEL:
- Enter through the main entrance and check in with our Patient Access Team.
- When you arrive, call or text (540) 464-8700
- Provide your name and color/type of car.
- A COVID team member will come out to get you or administer the test in your car. You will be asked to present your photo ID and verify the information on the collection tube.
- Once testing samples are obtained, you are asked to leave to free up designated spaces. Negative results will be available on the RAHC portal within 2-3 business days.
- We will contact you via phone with any positive results.
Self-Testing At Home or Anywhere
For doing rapid COVID-19 tests anywhere
What is a Self-Test or At-Home Test?
Self-tests for COVID-19 give rapid results and can be taken anywhere, regardless of your vaccination status or whether or not you have symptoms.
- They detect current infection and are sometimes also called “home tests,” “at-home tests,” or “over-the-counter (OTC) tests.”
- They give your result in a few minutes and are different from laboratory-based tests that may take days to return your result.
- Self-tests along with vaccination, wearing a well-fitted mask, and physical distancing, help protect you and others by reducing the chances of spreading COVID-19.
- Self-tests do not detect antibodies which would suggest a previous infection and they do not measure your level of immunity.
When To Take an At-Home COVID-19 Test
|Test Yourself If…||Timing|
|You have any COVID-19 symptoms||Immediately|
|You were exposed to someone with COVID-19||
At least 5 days after your exposure
If you test negative for COVID-19, consider testing again 1 to 2 days after your first test
|You are going to an indoor event or a gathering||
Immediately before the gathering, or as close to the time of the event as possible
This is especially important before gathering with individuals at risk of severe disease, older adults, those who are immunocompromised, or people who are not up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines, including children who cannot get vaccinated yet.