The Rockbridge Area Health Center (RAHC) will offer medical care on-site at the Effinger Volunteer Fire Department on July 18, 2023, from 9 am – 12 pm.
RAHC’s mobile medical unit offers preventative/wellness health services, screenings, immunizations, chronic disease management, acute/sick care, women’s healthcare, pediatric services, and substance use disorder treatment.
Youth Wellness Exams, Immunizations, Camp, and Sports Physical Exams will be available. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Youth exams may include:
- Annual wellness exams
- Physical exams and vaccination clinics for students entering kindergarten in the fall.
- Required physical exams for youth camps
- Required immunizations for 6th and 7th graders and rising seniors.
- Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccine), HPV, and the first dose of meningococcal vaccines to 6th and 7th graders
- Rising seniors will receive their 2nd dose of the Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine.
- Pre-participation physical examinations for middle and high school students planning to participate in athletics in the 2023-24 school year. Our providers will review your child’s medical history, conduct an exam and recommend additional tests and diagnosis if necessary. RAHC providers will fill in the required physical examination form from the Virginia High School League for the athlete.Students who have been examined once from May 1 of the current year through June 30 of the succeeding year (14 months) do not have to be examined again during that period unless they have had a serious injury or illness.
- Updated COVID-19 Immunizations
Appointments are encouraged for all scheduled clinics. Walk-ups welcome.
To schedule an appointment with our mobile medical unit, call (540) 464-8700 ext. 7110.
Click here to view all upcoming mobile medical and dental clinics.