COVID-19 VACCINES FOR YOUTH AGES 5-11
In response to the CDC’s recent vaccine authorization , the Rockbridge Area Health Center (RAHC) will hold a COVID-19 youth vaccination clinic, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, for children ages 5-11 years old. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED.
First doses of the Pfizer vaccine are scheduled to be administered on Saturday, November 13th. An appointment for the second Pfizer dose will be scheduled for December 11th upon receipt of first dose.
SECOND DOSES FOR YOUTH AGES 5-11
All recipients will be required to return on December 11 for second dose and no first doses will be administered on that day. (Some recipients, however, will be allowed to receive the second dose elsewhere if unavailable on Dec. 11).
Both clinics will be held from 8:30am to 12:30pm at RAHC.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
Registration can be initiated by calling RAHC @ (540) 464-8700. Forms will then be sent via text message to a smartphone. Registration forms may also be picked-up at Rockbridge Area Health Center, 25 Northridge Lane, Lexington, VA 24450 and Mountain View Family Dentistry 2131 Magnolia Ave, Buena Vista, VA 24416.
All forms must be received by 6pm on November 10th (three days prior).
Vaccination Information Fact Sheet
TIPS FOR A PLEASANT VACCINATION EXPERIENCE
- All patients and family members are reminded to follow COVID-19 safety protocols, including masking and social distancing.
- There is a 15-30 minute observation period once the dose is administered.
- Bring your health insurance card (if applicable).
- No photography allowed.
- Be sure to bring your child’s Vaccination Record Card when visiting for their 2nd dose of the vaccine.
- Custody or guardianship paperwork must be provided before scheduling an appointment (if applicable).