Youth COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic – Ages 5-11
COVID-19 Vaccines for Youth Ages 5-11
In response to the CDC’s recent vaccine authorization , the Rockbridge Area Health Center (RAHC) will hold a COVID-19 youth vaccination clinic, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, for children ages 5-11 years old. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED.
First doses of the Pfizer vaccine were administered on Saturday, November 13th. Appointments for the second Pfizer dose are scheduled for December 11th. Please call or text (540) 464-8700 to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
A second COVID-19 vaccination clinic for youth ages 5-11 has been added in the afternoon of December 11th. An appointment for the second dose will be scheduled following the administration of the first dose. A second dose vaccination clinic will take place on January 4th. Call (540) 464-8700 to register or pick-up registration forms in person. All forms must be received by December 8th.
Click here to listen to RAHC Medical Director Dr. Michael Henry speak about the upcoming youth vaccination clinic.
(Recorded Monday morning 11/8 on 3WZ)
Scheduling an Appointment
Registration can be initiated by calling RAHC @ (540) 464-8700. Forms will then be sent via text message to a smartphone. Registration forms may also be picked-up at Rockbridge Area Health Center, 25 Northridge Lane, Lexington, VA 24450 and Mountain View Family Dentistry 2131 Magnolia Ave, Buena Vista, VA 24416.
Vaccination Information Fact Sheet
Tips for a Pleasant Vaccination Experience
- All patients and family members are reminded to follow COVID-19 safety protocols, including masking and social distancing.
- There is a 15-30 minute observation period once the dose is administered.
- Bring your health insurance card (if applicable).
- No photography allowed.
- Be sure to bring your child’s Vaccination Record Card when visiting for their 2nd dose of the vaccine.
- Custody or guardianship paperwork must be provided before scheduling an appointment (if applicable).